kywoo3D Tycoon Slim FDM 3D Printer
Check out this most recent project and full review by Michael Klements with the-diy-life.com. If you are interested in making your own raspberry pi case or you would like to read the full write-up, please visit the-diy-life.com blog where you will find a step-by-step guide along with the .stl files. This review was made in partnership with Michael Klements The Diy Life, kywoo3D, and Tinker Hive.
If you enjoy Tinkering, you can find more of Michael's DIY Projects by clicking on any of the following links:
DIY Life Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thediylifecom
DIY Life Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thediylife_com/
DIY Life Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/thediylife0010/
DIY Life YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPNq-cWaMPccZydtyhMXGGQ
DIY Life Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheDIYLifeCo
About Michael Klements:
Review Release Date: 2-21-2022 by Michael Klements
1. Direct Drive Extrusion With More Filament Compatibility
Featuring a direct drive extruder, the Tycoon Slim 3D printer offers a smooth and even feed-in, which is perfect for TPU filament. And it is compatible with a large range of filaments, including TPU, PLA, PETG, ASA, Wooden, ABS, Nylon, and so on.
2. Integrated Extruder Kit
The extrusion and heat dissipation structure is seamlessly integrated to avoid vibration and wear, contributing to lower torque requirements on the stepper motor resulting in higher printing quality.
3. X-Axis Linear Rail Design Makes Printing Smoother
A stable X-axis linear rail structure, dual Z-axis, and gantry frame improve accuracy by 30% vs traditional pulley systems. These features combine to greatly increase stability and reduce shaking, resulting in more effective, higher-quality, and silent printing.
4. Dual Y-Axis Smooth Rod Enables A Stable Base
Tycoon Slim adopts a dual Y-axis smooth rod, less wear and more durable than the ordinary pulley design; dual Y-axis support guiding ensures the base stability, reduces jitters during printing, and greatly improves print quality.
5. Double Z-Axis Stability Ensured, No Wobbling & Shake.
Unlike other 3D printers with dual Z-axis, the structure of the Tycoon Slim printer is specially designed with dual Z-axis and synchronous belt for 100% stability ensuring no wobble & shake.
6. Self-Developed Kywoo Touch Auto-Leveling Sensor
Kywoo self-developed Kywoo Touch is user-friendly, intelligent, and time-saving. More accurate leveling compensation, maximizing accuracy and print quality.
7. Color HD Touch Screen With 5 Languages
An HD color touch screen with an ergonomic interface is detailed and well-executed. You will get better interactions with simple operations.
8. Powerful 32-Bit Mainboard With Silent TMC 2209
Tycoon Slim comes with a 32-bit silent mainboard and the latest Marlin 2.0 firmware, higher-speed processing, stronger expansion, lower decibel. Silent TMC2209 Driver Tycoon Slim applies TMC2209 drivers, silent printing which means less disturbance while you're working. Less heat produced, more stable performance.
10. Smart Filament Sensor
Whenever there is a possible accident like filament runout or filament breakage, the smart sensor makes the machine suspend printing for resuming print after the new filament feeds in.
11. Reliable Resume Printing Function
The machine can automatically resume printing after power-off or filament breakage. Fewer worries about print failure.
- Brand Name: kywoo3D
- Model Number: Tycoon Slim 3D Printer
- Origin: CN(Origin)
- CE Certification: Yes
- Consumables Diameter: 1.75mm
- Certification: CE
- Printing Speed: 50-80mm/s
- Bed Temp: ≤110℃
- Slice Thickness: 0.1-0.4mm
- Language: Support 5 languages
- Maximum Printing Speed: 100mm/s
- Interface Type: SD
- Color Print Speed: 80-100mm/s
- Filament: PLA/TPU / PETG /ABS/ASA /Nylon
- Slicer Software: Cura-Repetier-Simplify3D
- Power Supply: AC 110/230V 50/60Hz DC 24V
- Maximum Working Speed: 100mm/s
- Precision: ±0.1mm
- Voltage: 110-220V
- Operating System: Windows XP/7/8/10 MAC os/Linux
- File Format: STL/OBJ/AMF/G Code
- Nozzle Diameter: Standard 0.4mm
- Diameter Temp: ≤260℃
- Auto Leveling: Yes
- Maximum Print Size: 240*240*300mm
- Molding Technology: FDM
- Nozzle Number: 1
- File Format: STL/OBJ/AMF/G Code
- Working Mode: USB / SD card
- Power Supply input: AC 110/230V 50/60Hz 6.8-3.4A
- Power Supply Output: DC 24V 14.6A
- Total Power: 350w
- Bed Temp: ≤100℃
- Nozzle Temp: ≤260℃
- Resume Print: Yes
- Filament Detector: Yes
- Dual Z-axis: Yes
- Auto Leveling: Yes
- Octoprint: Yes, need an additional accessory
- Language selection: Yes, support 5 languages
- Max Printing Speed: Up to 80-100mm/s
- Our US Inventory is Limited, may ship from Kywoo Express 5-7 days
- Size: 560*505*225mm
This is my 5th 3D Printer, I learned about it from The DIY channel, and I can't believe I didn't know it existed before that. I am a true tinkerer at heart, and I put a lot of Faith in Michael Klements, the man is a genius, and if you don't know about him, you need to check out his page. The printer arrived very well packaged; I like that they include a spool of filament with the printer instead of just a coil. I don't know how much more you can ask for in a 3D Printer at this price point. Linear Rails, Direct Drive: A printer like this should easily re-sale for over $500.00 Kywoo has an excellent support channel, and I love their company over Creality. Creality is overrated; Kywoo is the up-and-coming Printer Evangelist! You will love this printer, and you'll even be more amazed by the quality prints it produces. Tinker Hive is a great company; I buy all my printers from them and have yet to have any problems! Thank you, Jessica; I love you guys!