Creality Original BL Touch Auto Bed Leveling Sensor
**Please note, that we will hold your order pending confirmation of your printer make and model. In order to expedite the shipping, please email us at email@example.com with the make and model of your printer along with the order #. It's our policy to verify this information in order to ensure we ship the correct BL Touch. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience we may cause you.
- If installing BL Touch on the Ender 3 V2 we recommend updating your firmware to jyers. Regardless you will need to update your Firmware to the Creality Version with BL Touch
- You will need to take apart your printer to determine which version motherboard you have regardless of which version firmware you have. Please watch the video tutorial first. Please make sure you unplug your printer from the outlet and please be very careful removing the screws and the panel which exposes the motherboard.
- It is not mandatory to upgrade your firmware to jyers however we believe you will have a better experience with this firmware.
- About jyers firmware:
- -- Link to Jyers GITHUB https://github.com/Jyers/Marlin
- -- Link to Jyers Precompiled Firmware https://github.com/Jyers/Marlin/releases
- -- Link to Jyers Wiki https://github.com/Jyers/Marlin/wiki
Ender 3V2 Motherboard Image (below). Look at the image to determine which version you have. It's going to either be 4.2.2 or 4.2.7. Once you have determined the version board you have, now you can determine which version of precompiled firmware you will need.
You will need to make sure you upgrade the firmware for the LCD screen and the Printer Motherboard.
To access the LCD screen smart card slot, you will need to remove the rear cover.
It's best to save your contents of your SD card to a folder on your computer. Then wipe the SD Card using your computer utilities and make sure to format your smart card using FAT32.
Then copy the Printer firmware to the smart card first. Then place the smart card into your printer and turn it on and wait a few seconds. Once you have confirmed the new firmware is present, turn the printer back off.
Pull the rear cover off your LCD Screen exposing the smart card slot. Take the smart card and place it back into your computer and using your computer utilities re-wipe the smart card using FAT32, then copy the LCD screen firmware to the smart card. Then place the card into the SD slot on the back of the LCD Screen. Then turn the printer on and wait a few seconds for the firmware to flash.
Pull the smart card out of the SD Slot and re-assemble your LCD Screen.
Place the SD Card into your computer one last time, and re-wipe the card using FAT32. Now you can begin transferring .stl files to your smart card so they can be printed on your printer.
Before printing, check your printer for accuracy. You will need to enter the menu and tell your printer where the center of the bed is. The Center of the bed for the Nozzle is different from the Center of the bed for the BL Touch.
You will need to enter the Menu and adjust your z offset
If using Jyers or Mesh Leveling you will need to enter your slicer printer settings and add a custom line of Gcode to the editor before printing. The Gcode commands will vary depending on which method of leveling you choose. If you have Questions watch the Video below or ask us, we will be happy to help.
The BL Touch does not take away the manual bed leveling process. The BL Touch will assist you in determining how to level your bed and where you need to manually tune your bed. You will see this once you create a bed mesh.
Here is an image of what the graph from the "view" bed mesh level looks like in Jyers.
(sorry for the blurry image)
In the image below, this is what you will get once you run the bed mesh feature. Your BL Touch will go around the entire bed and probe each square. It will then give you a value. The bed mesh tells you the highs and lows of the bed, green means high, and red means low. Ideally, you want your highest point and lowest point to be within 0.2mm of each other. Once you've run the mesh, you can then go into the menu under manual leveling and go around to each value, and fine-tune your level using the selector knob and the up and down feature in the manual level menu. Once Completed you will want to back out and go into the control menu and save progress to EEPROM.
The GCODE you programmed into your slicer will then tell your printer to "load saved mesh" prior to printing.
There are several ways you can configure this however use the one you like best. If you are new take some time to play with the settings. Get comfortable with it and test yourself to see how precisely you can level your bed. Completing this process will ensure great prints.
Keep in mind. Once you remove your glass plate or your pei sheet, it's very unlikely you will ever put the glass or the pei sheet back in the exact same spot. This is going to throw off your saved mesh. Sure you can try and print with your saved mesh, but I always like to run a new mesh each time I remove a print. That way I know its level.
- Brand Name: SOVOL / Creality 3D
- Origin: CN(Origin)
- Item Type: Auto Self-Leveling Sensor
- Model Number: BL Touch Auto Bed Leveling Sensor
- Name: BL Touch Auto Bed Leveling Sensor
- Usage: Ender 3/3 Pro/Ender 5/CR-10 10S S4 S5/CR20/20 Pro/CR-10 V2
- Type: 3D Printer Parts and Accessories